Monday, October 8, 2012

Seriously, Todd! No means no!

Why is Todd Akin stalking me? Todd, you can't keep saying this crazy sh*t every day to get into my blog. We really need to see other people.

Oh, okay, just one more time.

Todd Akin's spokesman Rick Tyler confirms the candidate's continuing belief that doctors are performing fake abortions.
There's ample evidence that abortion doctors on any number of occasions have deceived women into thinking that they're pregnant, and then collect money for a procedure that they don't perform. And I say they don't perform it because obviously the women weren't pregnant.
 
Did I ever tell you about the time I had three babies in three and a half years? Funny story.

Number of times I went to the doctor to find out whether I was pregnant? ZERO. Number of times I put a rabbit on deathwatch after injecting it with my pee? ZERO.

I did what every woman in America does when she thinks she's pregnant - I peed on a stick. Has Todd Akin never heard of the home pregnancy test? Does he really think that women are making an appointment, crossing a picket line at Planned Parenthood, and paying someone to draw blood? Instead of spending $8 at any drug store?

Forget about the doctors. NFW women are getting fooled into having abortions when they aren't actually pregnant. Does he think we're brainless incubators?

Please, tell us about this "ample evidence." A 1978 investigative piece for the Chicago Sun Times? And a Planned Parenthood director who became a paid speaker at conservative conferences after she described an abortion of a sentient fetus that never happened? That same lady who filed the whistleblower suit alleging PP submitted false Medicaid claims? You know neither Texas nor the federal government thought this suit had enough merit to join it, right?

Okay, after the obligatory joke about the "legitimate rape"of the facts, I'd like to quote Abby Johnson, the "whistleblower" seeking to recover millions for herself in that lawsuit.
In support of Congressman Todd Akin, I can attest that when I served as director of Planned Parenthood in Bryan, Texas, we often scared women into getting services they did not need - including abortion - so we could collect the fees. This included women who were not pregnant and women who were in the process of miscarrying.
 
This is the part that makes me the angriest. Because I think what she's talking about is a D&C, a medical procedure to dilate the cervix and scrape leftover tissue out after a miscarriage or when part of the placenta is left in the uterus after delivery. Because a D&C is also a procedure which can be used for an abortion, and because most Americans can be counted on to plug their ears when they hear about surgery on ladyparts, Akin and Johnson are getting away with demonizing women and their doctors for making sure that they don't suffer infections and internal bleeding. Gee, they really do care about women!

Damn, now I'm all mad again. Today's $5 is for Planned Parenthood of the Gulf Coast. Thanks for fighting the good fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment